Tuesday 6 August 2013

This trip I have been mostly listening to...

Ghostpoet - awesome London hip hop/trip hop artist. Kinda like a modern-day Tricky and Massive Attack, but with heavier instrumentals. Penny, Helen and Nicola - I think it's definitely your sort of music, and I often think of you all when I listen to him.

Laura Marling - her third album is like lyrical poetry, and I often drift off into the land of day-dreaming when I listen to her. She makes Mumford and Sons sound like a jamboree in the local park. Perfect for long bus journeys.

Nick Cave - as always.

I Am Kloot - I am just getting into the back catalogue of these unsung Scottish music heroes. Lauryn, I think you'd love them, if you're not already familiar with their material. Their lyrics are utterly delightful.

Four Tet - his latest album Pink is perfect for falling asleep to.

Lindstrom - anything by this Scandy space dj floats my boat at the moment.

Cat Power - as corny as it is I love listening to Ruin when watching different landscapes unfold before me.

UNKLE, Where The Night Falls - I will never get bored of this album. Perfect holiday tunes.

Podcasts - yes, I realise I'm about 8 years behind everyone else, but it is only since coming away that I've discovered the joy of listening to them. My personal favourites being most things published by the BBC (British to the core, that's me...), especially pouring over the Desert Island Discs archive. Ah, the joy of Radio 4. I am officially old.

Katalyast Presents - awesome soul mixes. Thanks Penny!

James Blake - his new album is superb, but probably has a limited shelf life, if I'm honest.

Plus, of course, all my favourite usual suspects - the songs I usually bore you with when I'm drunk!

1 comment:

  1. This made me miss youtube discos at Chez Amess!

    ReplyDelete